Sunday, March 13, 2011

Praying for this Generation of Men...


I don't know about you but when I see godly womanhood and manhood in practice it excites me. When I see a guy who is pursuing godliness and Christ-likeness it encourages me. I am so blessed to have the two closest guys in my life- my dad and older brother-Aaron, be excellent examples of godly manhood.

When we look at our current generation of men (and the generation to come) it doesn't look that great. The lost art of chivalry and manliness is fleeting and what is left is a mamby-pamby guy. Ok, I know I'm being a bit harsh.... I know not all men are like this but that's where it's headed.

I know as a girl, I sometimes ask myself, 'Are there any good guys out there?':)

I'm not alone am I???

Instead of thinking about how bad guys are or what we want to change about them.... how about we go to the Source- Jesus. What if we committed to lift up this generation of men to Him? What if we started praying for change? What if we prayed that the Lord would raise up generation of chivalrous,brave-hearted men who will fight for what is right,pure and godly? What would be the results?

As single girls, this can be our role.... praying for our brothers in Christ.

Here are some areas that we can be praying for our brothers....

1.) Pray that our brothers would be in love with Jesus. That their delight would be in the Lord.

2.) Pray that they would be living and walking by the power of the Holy Spirit. That they would continually yield themselves to the Lord Jesus.

3.) Pray that they would be the godly, strong and courageous leaders they are called to be. That they would be the men that God desires.

4.) Pray that they would be filled with wisdom, discernment and understanding. That they would be pursuing Christ-likeness and be filled with His attributes.

5.) Pray that the Lord would guard their hearts, eyes and minds from anything immoral and impure. That Jesus would give them the strength to fight victoriously over the temptations and lures that this would constantly throws at them.

6.) Pray for for an generation of men that will speak truth and do what is right in a generation of social and political correctness.

7.) Pray that the Lord would raise up men who will who carry out the Great Commission. Rescuing the hopeless,fatherless, poor and needy.


I know I have missed several areas but this will get you started.

Maybe devote this next week to spend an extra amount of time in prayer for our brothers in Christ around the world.
Just think about the impact we can have on this generation and the generations to come if we start praying for men- as leaders, pastors, husbands, fathers, singles, missionaries etc.... I think the impact could be incredible!!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post!

    Visit my personal blog at:
    www.justasiam-meghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a brother and I know that I am often on my knees for him. He such a neat guy, and example of what godly men should be but I worry about him in the culture that constantly bombards him with ungodly things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something to be remembered!!! Let's keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for my Christian guy friends all the time they need it so much in our culture that devalues biblical manhood!
    ~Madeline
    p.s. check out the giveaway on my blog: http://flameinthedarkness.com/spring-has-sprung-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! What a blessing it is to know that you have people praying for you. But, you know what, its not just your duty to pray for us, but we share the same responsibility to pray for our sisters! Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete