Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meet Lorri!

 My name is Lorri Harper. I have been married for 24 years and have 7 children. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was in the 7th grade. He changed my life forever. I don't come from a Christian home, but God knew and chose me anyway! When I was a little girl, I wanted to teach my kids how to hear God's voice and follow Him! I wanted to be a Mom, Missionary, teacher, and nurse. God has let me be all of these things. I have been homeschooling for 19yrs. I am a Missionary to my family and my community, and I think I can nurse just about any "booboo" that you can imagine. :)
   One of the things that I have learned is that you cannot look at someone's potential for more than what it is. God lets us see someone's potential as a way of encouraging them to be all that God has created them to be, but that doesn't mean that they will reach that potential. That peotential is not to be the gauge that you use to choose a spouse. Example: I know John can be more than what he is now because I see it in him. I may be the only person that can bring that out in him...NOT....God is the only one who can do that. When you are looking at someone as a future spouse, you have to be able to say that there is nothing about them, just as they are before you, that you would change about them. If there is something about a person that you cannot live with, then chances are, they are  not the person for you! Everyone has faults and no one is perfect, so I don't mean to say that your spouse will be "perfect." They will not have moral or character issues that go against what you believe!! In some cases, God has used someone to change another while courting, but you still don't marry them if they still have the issues!! I wish someone had given me this information long ago because I might not have made some of the mistakes that I have made. So, I am passing this along to you in hopes that you will take this and tuck it away in your heart. 

Gratefully,
Lorri Harper


Lorri Harper is our guest blogger for the month of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment